MEDITATION ON THE SELF
1. I, the pure, stainless and infinite Consciousness beyond maya, look upon this body in action like the body of another.
2. The mind, the intellect, the senses, etc, are all the play of Consciousness. They are unreal and seem to exist only due to lack of insight.
3. Unmoved by adversity, a friend of all the world in prosperity, without ideas of existence and non-existence, I live free from misery.
4. Inactive am I, desireless, clear as the sky, free from hankering, tranquil, formless, everlasting and unmoving.
5. I have now clearly understood that the five elements, the three worlds and myself are pure Consciousness.
6. I am above everything: I am present everywhere: I am like space: I am that which (really) exists: I am unable to say anything beyond this.
7. Let imaginary waves of universe rise and fall in me who am the ocean of infinite Consciousness: there is no increase or decrease in me.
8. How wonderful that in me, the infinite ocean of Consciousness, waves of jivas (individual souls) rise, sport for a while and disappear according to their nature.
9. The world which has come into existence on account of my ignorance has dissolved likewise in me. I now directly experience the world as supreme bliss of Consciousness.
10. I prostate to myself who am within all beings, the ever - free Self abiding as inner Consciousness.