7 Teachings of Sant Mat and the Seven Spiritual Principles of Sant Mat
7 Teachings of Sant Mat
1. God is Real.
2. God is Love, the Ocean of Love and Compassion.
3. All of the world scriptures teach about the same manifestation of God as inner mystical Light and Sound.
4. Our true identity is soul, the Self. Soul is part of God and therefore is, like God, pure love.
5. During this human existence we have an opportunity to experience God.
6. As we experience communing with God's love during meditation -- Surat Shabd Yoga -- we can rise above body-consciousness and explore Inner Space, the "Kingdom of the Heavens"
that are within us. "We travel back from the realm of Darkness to the realm of Light, from the Light to divine Sound, and from the realm of Sound to the Soundless State [Anami, Radhaswami, Anadi Purush, Ram]." (Swami Santsevi Ji Maharaj) The drop merges back
into the Ocean of Love.
7. As we get initiated into the Mysteries of the Spirit by a Living Teacher (Master, Sant Satguru), the purpose of our life is fulfilled. Reuniting with God is our reason to be
here: "It was for the sake of the God-conscious beings that our True Lord created this earth, and began this play of death and birth". ("Adi Granth") Guru Kabir says: "For millions of years you have slept. This morning, will you not wake?".