2. Our life is shaped by our mind; we' become what we think. joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.
3. "He was angry with me, he attacked me, he defeated me, he robbed me" – those who dwell on such thoughts will never be free from hatred.
4. "He was angry with me, he attacked me, he defeated me, he robbed me" – those who do not dwell on such thoughts will surely become free from hatred.
5. 6. For hatred can never put an end to hatred; love alone can. This is an unalterable law. People forget that their lives will end soon. For those who. remember, quarrels come to an end.
7. As a strong wind blows down a weak tree, Mara the Tempter overwhelms weak people who, eating too much and working too little, are caught in the frantic pursuit of pleasure.
8. As the strongest wind cannot shake a mountain, Mara cannot shake those who are self-disciplined and full of faith.